----- Original Message ----- From: "Gail & Scott Finke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:35 AM
Subject: [h-cost] Re: disposing of fabric

I echo everyone else's suggestions about places to donate fabric you can't
use. But don't forget -- if it's really fabric that NO ONE wants (or, for
that matter, ripped old clothes and things like that) then both Goodwill and
the Salvation Army sell fabric scrap. So never throw anything fabric away!
Give it where it will be used, even scrap is reusing.

Gail Finke

I know a lot of charity shops sell natural fibre fabric scraps to mechanics who use it to soak up oil around their workshops (I assume other people buy them too but Mechanics is the only group I've heard of) I don't know if they could use synthetic fibres in the same way as they wouldn't absorb much.
Elizabeth