Dear list,
I shared with you all my frustrations on measuring elastic for children who
were far away a couple of weeks ago.  I wasn't able to incorporate any of
your suggestions this time, but did find ready-made garments to measure for a
guide.  I believe I mentioned that one reason to send the garments  completely
finished, rather than having their mom try to finish the casings, is  that they
would want to put the garments on immediately.  Well, that is  what happened.
 Because the family will be traveling for two weeks at  Christmas, they
opened their gifts Monday night, and we watched via web  cam.  The did indeed
immediately put on their nightgowns.  (Also  gratifying was that the older one
instantly recognized that they were the  same fabric I had used to make them
pillows for their  birthdays.)

Ah, modern technology!

Ann Wass