At 10:19 04/02/2006, you wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for all your interresting inputs to my question.
It is interresting to compare all the real cuts to the cuts in
Evolution of Fashion. What i want is to obtain the original cut as much as possible. But it really is difficult and i wished i had a dress stand of myself. I cant stop thinking about all our words for newbeginners when we say that "oh no, dont use Evolution of Fashion" because that is so wrong and ment for theater costumes, when in the end our original cut ends up to look like these cuts in the book.
I wish i could make it excatly as original, but it is impossible..........
It does end to look like the cuts in Evolution.........

Bjarne

I think I have made this suit twice recently, but I used the pattern pieces as a guide only - my customer was a different size - and redrafted it to fit. I cut the armholes out when it is on the customer, so I know it is comfortable - I know this would be difficult for you, but do you have anyone you could trust to help you fit a toile?

You could always pop over to London and I could help you fit it! (lol)

Suzi