At 13:54 10/02/2006, you wrote:
What period are you interested in?  I can make some suggestions.

I don't think there are any reasonably priced hotels within walking
distance, but you can look for an outlying hotel that is either near a Metro stop or
has shuttle service to a Metro stop.  There is also a hostel  somewhere in
downtown DC--I'm sure you can find that through a web search.

If you are interested in early 19th century, please come see us at
Riversdale--we are a historic house museum that interprets primarily 1801-1821. Alas,
we have no costume collection.  We are on a bus line  that comes from a Metro
stop.

Ann Wass
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Rd.
Riverdale Park MD 20737

Ann

That's a lovely invitation - thank you.

I'm interested in most periods, as I make everything except 20th century and modern. It will rather depend on how long we are in Washington - yet to be decided in consultation with our hostess.

Suzi