Yeah! I am so glad to see someone else doing these types of gowns. In doing "A Suitable Gown for Her Majesty" *http://tinyurl.com/87qbb * we also chose to put the corset front under the farthingale. Now the front of this farthingale is flat. In my research I found some wheels depicted as being rather sharply tillted to the back but more often they were not, which made me wonder if it wasn't the artists way of trying to show what was going on behind in portraiture. Many of the effigies with smaller wheels are pretty flat, which gives a prettty good 3D idea of what they looked like. Ninya Mikhalia on the other hand looks like she places most of her's on the outside. http://www.ninyamikhaila.com/wheelfarthingales.html I didn't care much for Hunisett's wheel construction. I made several up, but chose to go with Ninya's way of doing them. Unfortunaely when doing a flat front the tension isn't great enough to keep the fabric nice and taut, so I chose to cover the cotuil with a little batting and the silk.
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Sg