You really have got the look, it's lovely. Some time I will take the time to read through your site with my Dutch dictionary. But I do like the picture of the dress all twisted up - it looks as if it would go through a wedding ring, like a Christening shawl was meant to do!

Jean

Deredere Galbraith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
It is the very basic construction. with gores to make the skirt wider
and side lacing with added lengt.
The pleating is done by moisting the silk, pleat and let it dry for a day.
Here is the rest of the website.
It is in Dutch
http://mystictimes.nl/Bliaut/Bliaut.html

Susan Carroll-Clark wrote:

Greetings--

Deredere Galbraith wrote:

Finally a picture of the bliaut I am working on.
Made from natural dyed silk and the belt from natural dyed wool
http://mystictimes.nl/Bliaut/ZijdeBliaut.jpg

Very spiff! You've definitely got "the look" down. Which construction method did you use? (For the uninitiated, there are several theories of bliaut construction, including simple side lacing, side lacing with added length through the body to get the folds across the belly, bias-cut, separate skirt piece, and various types of pleating/smocking--not to mention the largely discredited "corselet" cut).

Susan