Hi,
I would recomend you to get Nathalie Rothstein: Silk Designs of the Eighteenth Century with a complete catalogue. Huge book i have and its one of my favourites. Nest would be Lady of Fashion Barbara Johnsons Albums of Fashions and Styles. I am a little disapointed with this book, as i think the fabrics are rather dull and the colours are very very depressive. The third is on its way to me from Amazon, its Toilles de Joy. Printed linnens from the famous french factory..

Bjarne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine Kinsey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 3:38 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Fabric Resources

It looks like I will be helping a local community theater costume
Moliere's The Miser.  I've worked with this director once before, he
would like a period look and respects my attempts to be as authentic as
possible for the chosen era (18thC)  That being said, since I will be
relying on family members of the cast for some of the costume
construction I will probably be resorting to some of Butterick's
patterns (#4315 &4317) to get these made.

Sooooo, I would like to try to get the fabric as authentic as possible.
My 'eye' however is more trained for 16th C and earlier.  Does anyone
have suggestions for a couple of books I could use to browse through to
get a feel for fabrics and patterns for this era?

Thanks,
Catherine