kind of dress: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Schaube.PNG
>   it is called "Schaube" in German, originally from arabian "aljubbeh" or
something like that. Somewhere I found that it is also called "robe", which
is probably not very helpful, because the word "robe" can mean many
different things.

Sort of but robe generally (should) refer to a garment that hangs from the
shoulders as opposed to something that fits the torso or else  fulfills the
function of a modern coat (which can be semi fitted to the body but usually
not form fitting.) Surcoat, Ropa these are similar items of the 16thC.
Schaube is used in this sort of generalised term usually too.

>   It is a sort of a shorter cloak, often with fur. I cannot tell more, as
the robe was changing through centuries and the word for it was still the
same.

Not always shorter, it was many different lengths and it is possible they
all had different names depending on the specific use. Women wore them and
they can be seen in many images. I collected several but it's so hard to
hunt them out in the first place I wouldn't really know where to direct you!

>   How's that called in English? Do you know any details about this kind of
dress or where to find them? Books, webpages? With pictures or patterns?

The surcoats in Patterns of Fashion aren't too bad to go by. Then the Ropa
in Alcega are also of a similar design. Many men wear them in portraits by
German artists, and there are a number of them for women but they are
usually seen full length in woodcuts or illuminations etc.

Michaela
who just handed on her Scahube as it was much too big in the shoulders.
Super snuggly and warm though.
http://glittersweet.com