Quoting annbw...@aol.com:

I had planned to make my own garb, but then got out of academia, so never did.? I was going to borrow a friend's hood fto make?the pattern.? I think some of the minister/choir robe patterns on the market are good for the robe.? They used to sell pleating tape that would make the little cartridge pleats, and I was going to use that to get the proper pleating.? Silk would probably be more authentic than linen or wool, but linen would be more comfortable, for sure, and wool wouldn't wrinkle like linen, which would probably be a total mess by the end of the ceremony.? Also, it seems to me most linens are not deep, dark, black.

nods. I noticed today that most of the gowns are the "regular" choir-robe Butterick pattern type with the body of the gown just gathered onto the yoke. Only the $800+ gowns actually have cartridge pleats!

Good luck!

Thanks!
Susan
-----