I have The  Doll Book by Estelle Ansley Worrell. It covers costumes from the
17th century to the late 19th century. The patterns are designed to fit 1/6
scale fashion dolls/Barbie dolls (female, male and child sized). She also
includes patterns to make cloth dolls the size of Barbie dolls. It is out of
print; I got it off Ebay, Amazon or half.com, I'm not sure which. IIRC, it was
about $10.

Susan G

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it? A.
Einstein
 Pictures of my art
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7845173@N05/

>I tried to google every thing I could think of during my search for Barbie
>in historical dress, but my searches did not find much, with exceptions
>made for a very few one-of-a-kind garments. Lots for 15"-16" dolls.
>Could you give me some links? I'd be interested in seeing the books too,
>just so I know what is out there. I'd love to see your pictures of your
>collection, if you have them somewhere to share?...

Thank you so much for all of your input so far. It has been so great!

Natalie