Arhhh--phantom send--about the squaw dress--I realize the term is not  PC
now, but in the late 1950s, early 1960s, the "squaw dress" was a dress  with
multiple tiers on the skirt, accented with rows of braid and rickrack,
often metallic. My grandmother made me such a dress out of a nylon parachute my
 dad provided, with silver and pink trim.  Alas, I barely fit into it when
she made it and wasn't really able to wear it at all, to my great regret.

But I had lots of the nylon fabric left over and later made my Barbie doll
a wedding dress out of it.

Ann Wass

In a message dated 6/17/2011 7:21:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,