I saw an article last weekend (just before the sale) about Debbie and her
collection.  In the interview, she said she could no longer afford to care for
and store the costumes and the funding for the proposed museum just wasn't
coming through.  Although she hates to give up the collection, she decided that
it just had to be done.

Ginni Morgan

>>> <penn...@costumegallery.com> 6/22/11 10:55 PM >>>
You are welcome Julie.  From what I have read the sell bought 18 million.  I
didn't hear about the sale until it was on the TV news Saturday.  But I
didn't see TV or internet from June 1-12 because of my son's wedding.  I did
some backtracking to find out the info that I shared with you all.  I have
joined Profiles in History Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/ProfilesInHistory to receive updates.  That is where
I found out that the next sale is in Dec.  Maybe we can order the next
catalog's sale when they announce its publication.   I'll make sure to let
you know when it is available.  People are begging for another issue to be
published of the first catalog.

Maybe because of Debbie's age that she decided to sell the collection. She
is 77 years old.  There are supposed to have been a museum for her
collection near Dollywood.  I guess it fell through.
<snip>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.