Not only that, but the actual working space was...well, horrible.  Dirty,
poorly lit, and very (very) crowded -- not quite attic space, but very close.
It's slightly better now.  The ladies have since cleared out a tiny back room,
tearing down filthy tattered 1840's wallpaper (and saving as much as they
could) so they could scrub and paint.  It is now our "clean space" and even
tinier because we just assembled shelving in there for our new storage boxes.

Everything else is still very crowded and precariously hung on leaning donated
coat racks -- sacques and mens' shirts are still on wire hangers.

Nothing was done with the collection for 15 years after she cataloged as much
as she could reach, and a lot of it was jammed into that tiny (filthy) room
until very recently.

Have I ever posted a link?

www.townsendhistoricalsociety.org

...a little more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_Homestead

...and we're on TV!

www.tv.com/shows/ghost-hunters/ghostly-evidence-1395703

A film crew showed up to record our "ghostly happenings" a few months ago.  Has
anyone seen the this episode of "Ghost Hunters"?  Maybe... 150 years ago (?) a
grieving mother, mourning the death of her daughter, hanged herself off the top
of the staircase. We all grip onto that post when we climb upstairs (steps are
very steep).  It's a sad story, and I hope that poor mother has found peace.

Dede