I bought mine to use for sewing my canvas pavilion.  Worked like a dream.  I
have been told that one should always be used when sewing velvet.

>>> Aurora Celeste <auroracele...@gmail.com> 9/21/12 5:21 PM >>>
I use mine for creepy-crawlies like velvet and sheers, and for leather.

~Aurora

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Kim Baird <kba...@cableone.net> wrote:

> Fran-
> I had a walking foot for my Bernina, but I sold it. I found myself not
> really needing it, and not liking it when I did use it. Save yourself some
> money and don't buy one.
>
> You shouldn't need to baste the seam before sewing it with your new
> Bernina,
> UNLESS it's velvet. Pinning should be sufficient. You'll find the machine
> feeds beautifully.
>
> Kim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.