From: Kate Bunting <k.m.bunt...@derby.ac.uk>
To: H-costume list <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 4:52 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Children's fashions

Maggie wrote:
It also strikes me that we are moving back to kids wearing miniature adult
styles.

I was thinking the same thing myself recently. I'm old enough to remember young
boys routinely wearing short trousers (i.e. knee-length suit trousers, as
distinct from casual "shorts").
Now that (a) most clothes are easily washable, and (b) adults are wearing
casual
styles more of the time, I don't think there's an obvious difference between
adult and children's styles.

Kate Bunting
Librarian & 17th century reenactor
Derby, UK