Curious minds want to know:  Is the cording in the warp or in the weft?

Ginni Morgan

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of li...@genteelarts.com
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 8:34 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Corded petticoat conundrum

          BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
Yes. I own an original petticoat made from manufactured corded fabric and have
information on several others. I also have patent information on several
designs of corded fabrics. My original has the cords in groups, with the number
of cords increasing from top to botton.  While a few women may have continued
to wear corded petticoats after 1860, my research indicates they fade from
common use with the advent of the steel crinoline.  I'd be happy to discuss my
research with you.

        Carolann Schmitt

        cschm...@genteelarts.com [1]

        www.genteelarts.com [2]

        Ladies & Gentlemen of the 1860s Conference,  March 6-9, 2014

Links:
------
[1] mailto:cschm...@genteelarts.com
[2] http://www.genteelarts.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.