From: Katy Bishop <katybisho...@gmail.com>
To: h-costume <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 10:44 am
Subject: [h-cost] dressed fashion plates

I got an interesting inquiry from a lady wanting to know about dressed
fashion plates (Godey's plates or the like from the 19th century "dressed"
in real fabrics, following the lines of the dresses pictured). Does anyone
here know how early this was done? The earliest I am familiar with is the
mid 20th century as a ladies home craft. I had a kids craft book in the
1970s with a dressed print project in it.

--
Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com