Fran,

Congrats on your new home with all the trimmings.

Have you checked the local historical society for historic homes/museums?

About 15 years ago, I attended an open house at a local historic house/museum.
Of all the beautiful artifacts, I stumbled on a dress form wearing a paper
dress. Upon inspection, it was actually a life sized “invitation” to join a
group of women who acted as living props for the museum’s open houses. I
inquired and as a result, the sewing, socializing and modeling are still a part
of my life. The ladies are so helpful and supportive of any/all sewing
projects, historically based or not.

Susan
NJ