On 11/5/06, Andrzej Bialecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
howard chen wrote:
> On 11/4/06, Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You need passwordless ssh setup for the username you start the script
>> with.
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> On 11/4/06, howard chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Currently I have 3 servers, A, B, C
>> >
>> > 1.
>> >
>> > I unpacked Hadoop separately on three machines on the same folder
>> (local):
>> >
>> > /home/hadoop/
>> >
>> > 2.
>> >
>> > I follow the documentation, set up the JAVA_HOME path, and created a
>> > config folder, on a NFS mounted drive, move the hadoop-env.sh,
>> > hadoop-site.xml  & slaves to this folder
>> >
>> > /data-0/hadoop_conf/
>> >
>> > 3.
>> >
>> > in the hadoop_conf/slaves, i remove the localhost, but add the 3
>> server's
>> > IP
>> >
>> > i.e.
>> > serverA
>> > serverB
>> > serverC
>> >

>> > 4.
>> >
>> > When I type (on serverA): ./start-all.sh --config /data-0/hadoop_conf/
>> >
>> > It prompt me to enter password for server A, B, C, but when I typed a
>> > password, I got welcome message  from serverA, but I have no way to
>> > enter password for B & C, console stopped here...what can I do?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >

> if I my system don't allow passwordless ssh, are there any way
> workaround?

"Passwordless" doesn't mean that the account in question needs to have
no password. You can use public/private key authentication, i.e. add the
master's public key to .ssh/authorized_keys file on each node.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Thanks! this solved the login problem when starting the client!

1.

Now I can successfully start-all from serverA using...

./start-all.sh --config ...

starting namenode, logging to...
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: starting datanode, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverA: starting datanode, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: starting datanode, logging to...
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: starting datanode, logging to...
starting jobtracker, logging to ...
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: Login Success!
serverC: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverA: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: starting tasktracker, logging to...

but when I stop-all --config...it show...

no jobtracker to stop
serverA: Login Success!
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: no tasktracker to stop
serverC: Login Success!
serverA: no tasktracker to stop
serverC: no tasktracker to stop
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: no tasktracker to stop
no namenode to stop
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: Login Success!
serverC: no datanode to stop
serverD: Login Success!
serverA: no datanode to stop
serverD: no datanode to stop
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: no datanode to stop

Is that something wrong?

2. I can run the example-word count on a single machine, but how to
verify the example is running on serveral machine?

Thanks...