Call JobConf.setMaxMapAttempts(0) in the job conf, then throw an exception
when your mapper fails.  This should kill the entire job instantly, since
the job tracker will allow no mapper failures.

Cheers,
Anthony

--
 Au

 PGP Key ID: 0x385B44CB
 Fingerprint: 9E9E B116 DB2C D734 C090  E72F 43A0 95C4 385B 44CB
    "Maximus vero fugiens a quodam Urso, milite Romano, interemptus est"
                                               - Getica 235