This request isn't so much about loading data into HDFS, but we really
need the ability to create a file that supports atomic appends for the
HBase redo log. Since HDFS files currently don't exist until they are
closed, the best we can do right now is close the current redo log and
open a new one fairly frequently to minimize the number of updates that
would get lost otherwise. I don't think we need the multi-appender model
that GFS supports, just a single appender.

-Jim

[EMAIL PROTECTED]