Yeah... We have that as well, but I put strict limits on how many readers
are allowed on any NFS data source.  With well organized reads, even a
single machine can cause serious load on an ordinary NFS server.  I have had
very bad experiences where lots of maps read from a single source; the worst
was when a bunch of map functions all initialized themselves from a single
mySQL server which promptly went fairly catatonic.