hmm.. interesting... these are supposed to be the output from mappers
(and default reducers since I didn't specify any for those jobs)...
but shouldn't the number of reducers match the number of mappers?  If
there was only one reducer, it would mean I only had one mapper task
running??  That is why I asked my question in the first place, because
I suspect my jobs were not being running in parallel.

--
Standing Bear Has Spoken