Please copy the hadoop-0.16.*-hbase.jar to ${hadoop_home}/lib folder.
And, Here's a exmple of hadoop-site.xml

      hbase.master
      a51066.nhncorp.com:60000
      The port for the hbase master web UI
      Set to -1 if you do not want the info server to run.

      hbase.master.info.port
      60010
      The port for the hbase master web UI
      Set to -1 if you do not want the info server to run.

      hbase.regionserver
      a51066.nhncorp.com:60020
      The port for the hbase regionserver web UI
      Set to -1 if you do not want the info server to run.

     hbase.regionserver.info.port
      61030
      The port for the hbase regionserver web UI
      Set to -1 if you do not want the info server to run.

      hbase.rootdir
      /tmp/hbase
      location of HBase instance in dfs

Thanks.