regionservers will shut themselves down if they are unable to contact the master. Can you figure what the master was doing such that it became non-responsive during this time?
St.Ack

Billy wrote:
I been getting these errors from time to time seams like when the region servers are under a load for long time they start failing with this error. nit all at the same time but it happens on different servers. I know this is not an network problem as one of the region servers is on the same node as the master.

2008-01-19 11:07:17,637 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HRegionServer: unable to report to master for 33730 milliseconds - aborting server

Billy