Title: JVM

I have a question regarding Sun JVM runtime version:

I am running RedHat 9 and I installed Netscape 7.1.

When I am trying to browse to a web page containing Java applet, I get prompt that I don’t have the necessary plug-in, and I have to download it. Then I get to this web page: http://java.sun.com/j2se/downloads.html

I downloaded J2SE v 1.4.2_01 (Linux RPM in self-extracting file), extracted the bin file and got the RPM. After installing the RPM I got Java installed under /usr/java

But when I am trying to run a web page containing Java applet - I still get the same prompt that I don’t have the right plug-in….. I checked in Netscape under preferences that "Enable Java" is checked.

What else do I have to do enable to run Java applet ?

P.S:

When I run /usr/java/j2re1.4.2_01/bin/java -version I get the following:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_01-b06)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_01-b06, mixed mode