NOTE: This email bounced back so i'm sending again.

Greetings

After I spent some time thinking about what i heard from you in the last W2L
preparation meeting regarding installation distro i think that we should
consider using Knoppix3.4 because of the following reasons:
* Knoppix3.4 has the best automatic hardware detection abilities I've ever
seen.
* Captive-NTFS installer
* can be remastered by us to change whatever we like (bookmarks, desktop,
hebrew, fonts, iwiz, whatever).
* easy to use, graphical harddisk installer.
* Kernel 2.6.6
* After reading in the Knoppix.net forums, i noticed that most SATA problems
were solved, only a few users still had problems and mostly because they
chose 2.4 kernels or used old Knoppix versions.
* Installation process is VERY fast.
* Only one CD needed.
* You can test the hardware support before you install it.
* It's a live CD which is usable for other stuff too and good to have around.

I know some of you said that Debian is not a good distro for n00bs but the
facts are:
* few of my friends who were total linux n00bs were able to install knoppix
and they are very happy with the results.
* My first distro was RedHat, but it never made me "fall in love" with linux,
Mandrake did. but Mandrake never made me abandon M$ for good. Debian did.
* Just a few days ago i helped a friend who installed RH9 for unknown reason,
he said it's yucky and "doesn't feel good" but after "just a few" hours of
configuring, setting Hebrew, getting rid of the ugly "Curve" theme, updating
to KDE3.2.3 and setting it as default Desktop, he was VERY happy with his new
Desktop and started asking me "migration" questions :)
^^^ too much work ^^^

I know some of you might say RH is the "standard" and maybe we should consider
providing an option to choose between Fedora or Knoppix installation.

You may agree or disagree with me but I intend to create a new "Kazit" version
anyway during this summer, based on knoppix3.4 since my Morphix remasters
seems to be less stable for now so you have time to decide.

Morphix remasters (KaziX, MiniKazit) are "easy to work with" and maintain (for
me) and i can create a remaster in a matter of few hours, but it seems (at
least for me) that there are still many installation problems (usually silly
Grub setting problems), and a few hardware support problems, which Knoppix
seems to deal with just fine.

Regards,
 Shlomi Loubaton.