Hi,

I do not know if you are aware of the problem of the missing g++ in Mandrake
10.1 CE. If you install from CDs, even if you select "Development Tools", g++
will not be installed. In fact the g++ compiler RPM is not present at all on
the Mandrake 10.1 CDs. For a developer, the missing C++ compiler can be quite
annoying.

The workaround is (assuming that your network is working) to log on as root and
type:

urpmi gcc-c++

The problem is quite old, I have written about it earlier. Look at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/haifux@haifux.org/msg01598.html

                                                        Regards,
                                                              Emil