On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:25:44PM +0300, Michael Vasiliev wrote:
> On Tuesday June 21 2005 00:24, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > To answer a question from the lecture:
> >
> > I haven't tried it myself, but frankly I can't see any conflict between
> > the Israeli layout and the Dvorak layout. Try something like:
> >
> >   setxkbmap dvorak,il
> The default layout for il is il(basic), at least it's what I see on my screen
> ATM.
>

> > One minor conflict is between the si1452 variant and dvorak with the
> > keys for {}. But:
> >
> > * This is not the only layout that has conflicts with the si1452
> >   variant. Practically any non-default layout has similar conflicts
> >
> > * you use lyx and not si1452, right?
>
> No.
> si1452 inherited the <AD11>, <AD12> conflict from il(basic) layout, note the
>  include "pc/il(basic)" line.

In the basic layouts AD11 and AD12 remap only group 1. That is: they
only change they layout when you use a hebrew keymap. The Hebrew layout
is indeed a qwerty one. If you wish to provide a better one, please do.

> Then, it overwrites the conflicting lines to
> provide some third-level key mappings. So the si1452 does not have the
> problem and the basic layout is the one to blame here, more specifically the
> part labelled "parens mirroring". On the other hand, lyx layout seems to have
> the same issue, once you try: setxkbmap "dvorak,il(lyx)", you have three
> (sic!) braces, two right ones and one left, which is even more confusing for
> a novice. That is because lyx layout overwrites the <AD11> (minus/underscore)
> to provide third-level "holam" key.

Have you actually tried it?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best