On Saturday 13 May 2006 10:17, yakoub abaya wrote:
> i want to install fedora , what iso images should i download P(
> {disc1,disc2,disc3,disc4} )?
>
> download={ Discs:P{disc1,disc2,disc3,disc4} )  |  min( |Discs| ) &
> Process(anaconda)==successful }
>
> i look at linux distribution mirror sites and
> i see directories of iso images with no information
> about the content of those images , this is very wrong
> every mirror should also have a description of
> the files that it mirrors

Hi!

Well, assuming Fedora is the same as Mandriva in this regard, then you can
download only the first .iso file, and afterwards configure a networked Yum
source for the rest of the Fedora packages. Of course, if you download more
CDs, then you can install more software from the CDs, but they shouldn't be
absolutely necessary. During the installation, the installer will ask you
which CDs you have.

Note that Mandriva has an Israeli remastering called Ehad, that puts the most
essential software for the Israeli/Hebrew crowd on one CD. I'm not aware of a
similar effort for Fedora, but there may be.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish