Hello all,

(and some specific gurus in particular...)

Having set the frandom kernel module free (http://www.billauer.co.il/frandom.html) , it turns out that people have had trouble compiling it (which strangely enough, indicates that some people may have actually found it useful ;).

It seems like the kdev_t_to_nr macro has disappeared from the kernel somewhere between 2.6.0 and now. There are also indications that saying

#define kdev_t_to_nr(x) (x)

is a good idea. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do I need to update my module?

For those interested, typical use of the macro for checking which minor the inode was opened with:

static int frandom_open(struct inode *inode, struct file *filp)
{

   struct frandom_state *state;

   int num =MINOR(kdev_t_to_nr(inode->i_rdev));
   if ((num != frandom_minor) && (num != erandom_minor)) return -ENODEV;

}

Thanks,
   Eli

--