Check the gateway's IP in Windows and try to ping it in Linux.
Do (in the terminal) "ifconfig -a" to check if you were assigned an IP
address.
Does the network works in Windows on the very same computers? if not (or
not tested - though from what I understood it does work on them) then
maybe it is a 10/100Mbps problem. It is pretty rare (because only
10/only 100 hubs/cards are rare these days) but it personally happened
to me.

--
Sick of Israeli sites only supporting IE? Sign this petition
<http://www.mac-it.co.il/petition/index.php> today!