A really good idea.

Do you want to make a template in OO or in LaTeX for this?

On 4/10/07, Amichai Rotman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All,

I thought of a way to advertise the lectures to new audiences in a better
way to suit Newbies:

One of us with artistic talent (not me) creates a template of a sign to be
saved as PDF and EPS to be printed on a standard A4 sized page that includes
the following details:

The Haifux Logo (A.K.A. Letterhead)

"About" Section:

An ultra-short description of the Club.

The title: Upcoming Haifux Lecture

"Abstract" Section:

As seen on the Haifux site (http://www.haifux.org/lectures/)

An "How To Get There" Section:

Including a small map, contact info (the Clubs' URL and such)

Of course, any of this is debatable - as I am sure will be ;-)

I would like to be able to download such a poster from the Lectures
section on the site, print it and post it on the real-world message boards
where I work.

It would be nice to be able edit the contact info to add my own details
(name, phone # and e-mail address) so people cat turn to me with questions
if need be.

What do y'all think?

--
.:====================================================:.

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746
Registered Ubuntu User #12851 [ http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net]

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

--
Orr Dunkelman,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Any human thing supposed to be complete, must for that reason infallibly
be faulty" -- Herman Melville, Moby Dick.

Spammers: http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~orrd/spam.html
GPG fingerprint: C2D5 C6D6 9A24 9A95 C5B3  2023 6CAB 4A7C B73F D0AA
(This key will never sign Emails, only other PGP keys.)