Hi Boaz,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:04:50 +0300
boazg <boaz.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> a lecture or two ago, when Guy Keren was saying that linux would never ever
> be a gaming platform i tried to point out he was wrong, and it's actually
> doing OK, and everyone looked at me like i'm crazy.

Some rules of thumb I tweeted about recently:

1. If someone tells you something is impossible and you can't do it, it probably
can be done.

2. If someone tells you something will *surely* never happen, it likely can
happen.

3. If someone tells you are an idiot and are definitely wrong, then you
probably uncovered an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room and
you are right. Also see
http://shlomif.wikia.com/wiki/Encourage_criticism_and_try_to_get_offended .

In general, people who are sure of themselves are probably wrong, as I am not
even sure of the Aristotlean Logic
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristotle#Logic ) which got us incredibly far.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish