Hi Adam,

I've run code club at a couple of locations with children aged from 10-13 -
whilst I'm not up to date with the resources, they seemed good about 3
years ago, and I can't imagine that they've worsened with time.

https://codeclub.org/en/

Hope that helps
Adam

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 at 14:08, Adam John Trickett via Hampshire <
hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with using a Raspberry Pi for a project with
> children?
>
> I can see that there are loads of projects on-line and in magazines, but
> which
> ones actually work well with children?
>
> My wife is working with the town hall to provide IT lessons (mostly
> pensioners) but they would like to do something with children during the
> school holidays.
>
> The ideal projects would be:
> * Doable over 4 days of mornings or afternoons
> * Doesn't require use of soldering irons (weapons)
> * Not strictly attractive to boys or girls
> * Some thing for primary and secondary school age
> * Not silly expensive - we can get grant money but not zillions
>
> I've said I'm happy to give time on the Linux side and I know some
> programming, but I expect it will be more of a plug board kit kind of
> project
> with a pre-written program that they can tinker with.
>
> --
> Adam Trickett
> Saint-Malo, Bretagne, France
>
> I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
> can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
> program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
>    -- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk

You back your data up on the same planet?
http://www.monkeez.org
PGP key: 0x7111B833