Le 08/07/2010 08:05, Phuong Vo a écrit :
On 8 July 2010 05:49, Gen Kanai<gka...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Please try this FF 4 Beta 1 before you call Firefox "bloated" ;)
Honestly, I don't think FF is bloated, it is very fast after being
freshly installed (together with add ons), but FF performance on Linux
degrades overtime, after about four to five months of using, every
operation with FF takes long time, from starting up to even closing
tabs.
Same here. And that's for all my users at work.
The more they are accessing web, the more it slows down.

I wonder if it has something to do with these SQLite databases taking more and more space... since most “problems” arised since when FF went from text/dbm to SQLite (and my users profiles are on NFS, which doesn't help in this case).

Maybe FF performance on Windows is better, but I don't know as I
don't use Windows. And I don't think the problem is going away
soon....
I think Mozilla has been doing a great job at reducing bloat in FF core, but now it looks like the bloat has moved to the SQLite storage...

PS: I am a heavy browser user, always with more than 30 tabs being
opened at the same time, and I only use 3 to 4 add ons.
Same here.