Dear HanoiLUG'ers,

Since more and more people are expressing their concern about the languages used on this list, which used to be opened to 3 languages: Vietnamese, English and French;

Since this list is receiving more and more post in Vietnamese (which is great!) and that starts to refrain some foreign people to subscribe to it;

I have created 2 new mailing-lists:
- <hanoilug-engl...@lists.hanoilug.org> for English language only;
- <hanoilug-fre...@lists.hanoilug.org> for French language only.

Of course we won't enforce anybody to subscribe to them and we won't un-subscribe anybody from this list: subscribing (and un-subscribing) will stay open and on a free will basis, as usual.

So English and French speaking people are invited to subscribe to these lists respectively from here:

Now the lists *usage* should change accordingly, as follow:
- the original <hanoilug@lists.hanoilug.org> mailing-list won't change (we won't touch any subscription) except that it will now become a national language (= Vietnamese) only mailing-list; - <hanoilug-engl...@lists.hanoilug.org> is an English language only mailing-list; - <hanoilug-fre...@lists.hanoilug.org> is an French language only mailing-list; - cross-posting (eg: to announce some event) to multiple language dedicated mailing-lists is allowed as long as the message contains *all* the corresponding translations; - any message received on one list in the “wrong” language (eg: in English or French on the old “hanoilug” list) shall be *politely* redirected to the right mailing-list, through a *private* answer to the original sender (please, please, please, do not reply on the list!).

Note that other languages flavors may be created on request.

Best regards, JC.

--
Jean Christophe "プログフ" ANDRÉ   — ✧ —   Responsable technique régional
Bureau Asie–Pacifique (BAP)    — ✧ —   http://www.asie-pacifique.auf.org/