Hi Greg,

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 03:54:13PM -0500, Greg Gard wrote:
> hi willy and all,
>
> wondering if i can expect haproxy to queue requests when max conn per
> backend it set to 1. running nginx > haproxy > mongrel/rails2.2.2.

yes, it works fine and is even the recommended way of setting it for
use with mongrel. There have been trouble in the past with some old
versions, where a request could starve in the queue for too long.
What version are you using ?

> all seems ok, but i am getting a few users complaining of connection
> problems and never see anything other than zeros in the
> queue columns.

Have you correctly set the "maxconn" on the "server" lines ? I suspect
you have changed it in the frontend instead, which would be a disaster.
Could you please post your configuration ?