Hi All,

We have been testing HAPROXY 1.4 on a Cloud environment for a forthcoming
implementation, due to the constraints on the cloud providers SLB we decide to
look at using something else.

So I implemented HAPROXY, and everything seemed to be going smoothly, until we
started doing some functional testing.
The problems lies with the vendors application which uses Liferay, some of the
URL's that the application have hard-coded the links as http, instead of https,
so when we try the test the web page just hangs instead of re-directing to the
correct page.

In a browser trace we see that the request as:

http:///servicedesk/controller?docommand=renderradform.........., when it
should be https://........

I have played around with the haproxy configuration using 'redirect location
https:// and redirect prefix https:// but without success.

On speaking to the vendor, they are aware of this issue, and for their own
implementations they have used a physical F5 NLB and re-directed all http
traffic over to https.

Am I able to do this in HAPROXY 1.4?

Many thanks for your time.

Best regards Jon