Hi Christopher,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 03:05:05PM +0200, Christopher Faulet wrote:
> Damned! I generated a huge amount of disturbances with my paches! Really
> sorry for that.

Shit happens sometimes. I had my hours of fame with option
http-send-name-header merged in 1.4-stable years ago, and that was so badly
designed that it still managed to cause a lot of trouble during 1.6-dev.

> Add a #ifdef to check the OpenSSL version seems to be a good fix. I
> don't know if there is a workaround to do the same than
> EVP_PKEY_get_default_digest_nid() for old OpenSSL versions.

I was unsure how the code was supposed to work given that two blocks
were replaced by two others and I was unsure whether there was a
dependence. So as long as we can fall back to the pre-patch behaviour
I'm perfectly fine.

> This function is used to get default signature digest associated to the
> private key used to sign generated X509 certificates. It is called when
> the private key differs than EVP_PKEY_RSA, EVP_PKEY_DSA and EVP_PKEY_EC.
> It should be enough for most of cases (maybe all cases ?).

OK great.

> By the way, I attached a patch to fix the bug.

Thank you. Marcus, can you confirm that it's OK for you with this fix so
that I can merge it ?

Thanks!