On Wed, Apr 06, 2022 at 09:45:02AM +0100, David CARLIER wrote:
> > I recall there is a openssl3 port ongoing perhaps ?
>
> I was trying to see if the said 3.x portage work is close to be merged
> to master then yes my patch is useless.
> Otherwise

In fact everything but the engine to provider port was merged! So you
should only have warning about that.

We will probably keep the engine support in the code and disabled it by
default. But what could be done is adding
-DOPENSSL_API_COMPAT=0x10100000L to the compiler command when activating
USE_ENGINE.

> > but here a little "band-aid" proposal for the actual master branch.
>
> my patch is just a temporary fix.

At the moment we prefer to keep track of the warning because we need to
fix them properly, but on the CI we are actually doing:
make DEFINE="-DOPENSSL_API_COMPAT=0x10100000L -DOPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED"

William Lallemand