On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 08:26:33PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > > that
> > > distros.
> > > now
> > > on

> > > As I said he will share the details :-)
> > >

> > I've something ...
> > wlallemand/haproxy-nightly-build (github.com)
> > <https://github.com/wlallemand/haproxy-nightly-build>
>
> Ah I forgot, he updated the links in the wiki:
>

> https://github.com/haproxy/wiki/wiki/Packages#community-maintained-repositories
>
> But he knows the current status and the next steps if any.
>
> Willy

Indeed,

It uses the Open Build System from OpenSuse to generate packages on
debian and ubuntu. Each time we push some code on the git repository,
github trigger the build by doing an HTTP request on the service.

The status of the latest build is here:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:wlallemand

At the moment it builds packages for Debian 10/11/Unstable and Ubuntu
20.04 with multiple architecture depending on what's available.
More distributions are available, like redhat/centos but I will need to
spend some time on this.

The packages are available here:
https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?package=haproxy&project=home%3Awlallemand

You can grab them individually or install the repository, which is
really convenient if you want to update on a daily basis.

The version of the package is generated this way:

   haproxy_   2.6-dev6  .0.   git20220416  .a8b1065b6  -0+52.2_amd64.deb
                 ^       ^         ^           ^          ^
                 |       |         |           |          + Some obscure OBS
sub-version
                 |       |         |           + Git Commit ID
                 |       |         + Date of the day
                 |       |
                 |       + Number of commits after the tag

                 + Latest tag

I hope this will be useful for users that want to deploy the development
version for testing purposes.

William Lallemand