On 29 Apr, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> I know that a fresh install can be instantly operational with TLS,
> suggesting that it is not generating them on the fly ... so I really wonder
> how secure the default params are.  I wonder what is being used when there
> are no params in the cert file. Does it get something hardcoded and use that
> until params generated in the background can be swapped in?
You'll want to have a look at this issue:
https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/1604

Indeed HAProxy has default ones, and reading the issue and comments of
Lukas you'll understand why DH params are a thing of the past (if you
use modern ciphers), and why generating them yourself is not even that
great to begin with.

(I'm the author of the issue btw)

Best,
~Nico