Hi, I have several backend configuration that make use of a custom script:

external-check command 'custom-script.sh'

The script read uses the environment variables such as $HAPROXY_PROXY_NAME.
I would like to be able to set and environment variable in the backend
declaration, before running the external check.
This environment variable will change the behavior of custom-script.sh.

Is it possible to declare environment variables in haproxy 1.9 or later?

What I need is to make custom-script.sh aware if SSL is used or not.
If there's another way to achieve that, please tell me.

Thank you.