Hi Ilya,

On Sun, Apr 07, 2024 at 08:34:18PM +0200, ???? ??????? wrote:
> ??, 6 ???. 2024 ?. ? 17:53, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>:
> >   - a new "guid" keyword was added for servers, listeners and proxies.
> >     The purpose will be to make it possible for external APIs to assign
> >     a globally unique object identifier to each of them in stats dumps
> >     or CLI accesses, and to later reliably recognize a server upon
> >     reloads. For now the identifier is not exploited.
> >

> I have a question about the UUID version. it is not specified. Is it UUID
> version 6 ?

It's not a UUID, it's a free string, up to 128 chars long. This way
the API client can use whatever it wants, including a UUID.

Regarding UUIDs, though, I've recently come across UUIDv7 which I found
particularly interesting, and that I think would be nice to implement
in the uuid() sample fetch function before 3.0 is released.

Cheers,