Hi Lokesh.

On 2024-04-27 (Sa.) 01:41, Lokesh Jindal wrote:
Hey folks

I have found that there is no operator "del-cookie" in HAProxy to delete cookies from the request. (HAProxy does support the operator "del-header").

Can you explain why such an operator is not supported? Is it due to complexity? Due to performance? It will be great if you can share details behind this design choice.

Well I'm pretty sure because nobody have added this feature into HAProxy. You are welcome to send a patch which add this feature.

Maybe you could add "delete" into the https://docs.haproxy.org/2.9/configuration.html#4.2-cookie function.

Please take a look into https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING file if you plan to contribute.

We have use cases where we want to delete cookies from the request. Not having this support in HAProxy also makes me question if one should be deleting request cookies in the reverse proxy layer.

Maybe you can use some of the "*-header" functions to remove the cookie as shown in the example in https://docs.haproxy.org/2.9/configuration.html#4.4-replace-header

Thanks
Lokesh

Regards