Dear all, I have HAproxy in front of a web server node.

I want the web server node to accept just 1000 concurrent connections.

So I want to use the maxconn parameter in order to let new connections
above 1000 to wait until the web service has free workers.

According to what I read, if I define maxconn in frontend section of
haproxy.cfg, the incoming connections above 1000 will wait in the
kernel socket queue, and if I define the parameter in the backend
section the connections above 1000 will wait in the web server node
until there are workers free.

So where is the best section to define the maxconn parameter???

Thanks a lot and regards!!!