The first version was probably refused due to attachment size and I'm
sending second one with smaller patch (without harbour.yy[ch] files)
so bison is necessary to recreate them.

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:
> >>  * harbour/source/rtl/perfuncs.prg
> >>  * harbour/source/rtl/menuto.prg
> >>  * harbour/source/rtl/getlist.prg
> >>  * harbour/source/rtl/readvar.prg
> >>  * harbour/source/rtl/text.prg
> >>    * use STATIC THREAD variables to make above code MT safe
> Pritpal Bedi wrote:
> >Interesting. And most-interesting part is getlist.prg and readvar.prg. Even
> >Xbase++ does not have this feature.
>
> hmmm... How do you see changes in getlist.prg and readvar.prg? This is
> changelog of proposed commit only. I can't find it on SVN or attached to
> the email.

The modifications are minimal. I did not have to change anything in the
code and only added THREAD keyword to static variable declarations. Rest
is done inside HVM. I'm attaching patch for current SVN with above
modifications if you are interested. This is very important extension
for me because it easy allows to create MT safe code which can be used
also in ST applications without introducing additional synchronization
mechanisms. In Harbour all core libraries except HVM will be common
for MT and ST mode. After 1.0 I plan to implement MT version of HVM in
spare time. I plan to add full SETs, MEMVARs and WAs separation in the
basic version. Later I'll add optional sharing on user requests.
SET callback functions will also have to be thread local to avoid
problems which can appear in some 3-rd party code, f.e. ADSRDD which
cannot follow our thread local data. In fact this RDD cannot be fully
thread separated do to limitation in ACE library but native ones will be.

Best regards,