On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Phil Krylov wrote:
> > None of pure DOS application can work because WINE does not have
> > code necessary to execute them.
> Sorry, you're wrong. It's been long since I tried to run any 16-bit
> DOS apps using Wine (BTW it's written like this, not WINE), but they
> (not all but some) did work. Now I'm on 64-bit which needs some
> additional hacks to run 16-bit DOS code, but the code in Wine is still
> there:
> http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/winedos/
> It's a kind of ntvdm emulation.

Thank you very much for the information. So winevdm emulation exists
in WINE and it's not dummy code as i thought but can be used  to execute
some of DOS applications and it's not necessary to use native MS-Windows
ntvdm.
It's interesting why it's not working for me even for very simple
application which only calls int 21 to terminate process.
I'll try to look at it closer when I'll find some spare time.