>> Though based on your description, it's unnecessary to
>> change directory when launching hbmk2. I left it, but
>> I still don't understand why you do it. It just adds
>> complexity without any benefit. hbmk2 doesn't require
>> any such tricks to make it work.
>>

> hbIDE process does not change directory.
>
> Process responsible for calling hbMK2 stays in the
> folder where project is located. So it does, though
> in Qt way. For Harbour, curdir() ( in hbIDE ) shows up
> the folder from where hbIDE is started, always.

The final effect was that hbmk2 was run in a
different directory. It's irrelevant whether HBIDE
changed its own curdir which hbmk2 inherited, or
HBIDE configured a different dir for its own subprocess.

It's sad you still cannot see the root cause
which was causing error reports for several months
on this list.